The president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association has warned the major film studios against influencing the Golden Globe nominations.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Theo Kingma of the HFPA sent a letter to the major studio’s publicists advising them not to “mislead the public” by suggesting that a Golden Globe nominee has, in any way, won the award.
The letter comes after promotion of a similar sort occurred in print and TV, prompting objection from other studios. According to Kingma, “several instances” of such promotion have occurred.
The HFPA have seemingly made a significant effort recently to restore their somewhat tarnished reputation, following a host of bad press. They are now addressing the sort of promotion that has already been attended to by the Academy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has previously ruled that “pictures nominated for an Award of Merit may use the words “OSCAR® Nominee,” “ACADEMY AWARD® Nominee,” or similar descriptions incorporating the Academy’s marks provided that… the word “winner” or equivalent term is not used to describe the receipt of a nomination”.
- The Limehouse Golum adds Alan Rickman, Olivia Cooke, Douglas Booth - April 18, 2015
- Three new Scream Queens Posters - April 18, 2015
- Trailer: Dope - April 18, 2015
- Gina Rodriguez nabs female lead in Purple Hearts - April 17, 2015
- Russell Brand joins Nicolas Cage’s Army of One - April 17, 2015
- Sarah Jessica Parker is getting a Divorce - April 17, 2015
- Herizen Guardiola to star in Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix drama The Get Down - April 17, 2015
- Steve Carell to star in doco adaptation Marwencol - April 17, 2015
- Cannes 2015 Official Selection - April 17, 2015
- Inside Out will premiere at Cannes, watch first clip - April 17, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.