The president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association has warned the major film studios against influencing the Golden Globe nominations.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Theo Kingma of the HFPA sent a letter to the major studio’s publicists advising them not to “mislead the public” by suggesting that a Golden Globe nominee has, in any way, won the award.
The letter comes after promotion of a similar sort occurred in print and TV, prompting objection from other studios. According to Kingma, “several instances” of such promotion have occurred.
The HFPA have seemingly made a significant effort recently to restore their somewhat tarnished reputation, following a host of bad press. They are now addressing the sort of promotion that has already been attended to by the Academy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has previously ruled that “pictures nominated for an Award of Merit may use the words “OSCAR® Nominee,” “ACADEMY AWARD® Nominee,” or similar descriptions incorporating the Academy’s marks provided that… the word “winner” or equivalent term is not used to describe the receipt of a nomination”.
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
- Jay Roach will tame the Mad Dogs - January 29, 2015
- 300: Rise of an Empire helmer to take on heist drama - January 29, 2015
- Swank and Sarandon join animated comedy Spark - January 29, 2015
- Trailer: Ted 2 - January 29, 2015
- Scandal’s Jenna Bans sells new show to ABC - January 29, 2015
- Supergirl’s love interest is cast! - January 29, 2015
- Geoffrey Rush will play Oliver! composer - January 29, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.