The president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association has warned the major film studios against influencing the Golden Globe nominations.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Theo Kingma of the HFPA sent a letter to the major studio’s publicists advising them not to “mislead the public” by suggesting that a Golden Globe nominee has, in any way, won the award.
The letter comes after promotion of a similar sort occurred in print and TV, prompting objection from other studios. According to Kingma, “several instances” of such promotion have occurred.
The HFPA have seemingly made a significant effort recently to restore their somewhat tarnished reputation, following a host of bad press. They are now addressing the sort of promotion that has already been attended to by the Academy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has previously ruled that “pictures nominated for an Award of Merit may use the words “OSCAR® Nominee,” “ACADEMY AWARD® Nominee,” or similar descriptions incorporating the Academy’s marks provided that… the word “winner” or equivalent term is not used to describe the receipt of a nomination”.
- Rachel Weisz sails into Colin Firth’s Donald Crowhurst biopic - April 1, 2015
- Mark Wahlberg to join CBS Films’ Boston Marathon project - April 1, 2015
- Poltergeist clown is back in new poster - March 31, 2015
- Sir Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds in Self/less Poster - March 31, 2015
- Hugh Jackman is Apostle Paul - March 31, 2015
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell joins TMNT2 - March 31, 2015
- Trailer: Spy - March 31, 2015
- Trailer: The D Train - March 31, 2015
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.