The first clip from Wes Anderson’s latest oddity, “The Grand Budapest Hotel” is online.
Starring Anderson’s typical line-up of Usual Suspects, including Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman and Owen Wilson, as well as some newcomers to the intangible subgenre, including Ralph Fiennes and Tom Wilkinson, it’s the tale of “Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.”
Something about movies with ‘Hotel’ in the title* scares from such cinematic accommodation – “Million Dollar Hotel” with Mill Jovovich, anyone? “Hotel for Dogs” with the pooches and Emma Roberts? What about 1974’s “Hotel Hooker”!? – but I’m sure Anderson’s got this thing furnished comfortably enough that it’ll make for more than a decent stay.
Here’s the clip :
• Though, of course, I’ve totally forgot about a couple of great movies with ‘Hotel’ in the title.. like “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”, “Hotel Transylvania” and “Hotel Rwanda”. Blame the slow intake of Red Bull today.
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.