“Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts has joined the cast of Morgan Krantz’s untitled coming-of-age comedy. The film, which begins shooting this month in L.A, also stars Max Burkholder (“The Purge”).
Krantz has also secured internet rap sensation, Kitty Pryde, to co-star.
“Its definitely going to stir up some discussion” says Watts, who has been working with Krantz over the past year to develop the story which follows a romance between a disgruntled teenage boy (Burkholder) and his babysitter, played by Watts. “On the surface she may seem “whitewashed” to the average viewer but as the character is revealed the audience will get another view beyond that typically unchallenged cultural assumption. It’s a deconstructed Uncle Tom archetype caught in a love affair of Romeo and Juliet proportions.”
Director Morgan Krantz describes the project as similar to “The Ice Storm” or “The Squid in the Whale” in tone. “In my mind it’s a comedy, but the jokes are buried underneath – we’re not whacking you on the head with it.”
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014