“Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts has joined the cast of Morgan Krantz’s untitled coming-of-age comedy. The film, which begins shooting this month in L.A, also stars Max Burkholder (“The Purge”).
Krantz has also secured internet rap sensation, Kitty Pryde, to co-star.
“Its definitely going to stir up some discussion” says Watts, who has been working with Krantz over the past year to develop the story which follows a romance between a disgruntled teenage boy (Burkholder) and his babysitter, played by Watts. “On the surface she may seem “whitewashed” to the average viewer but as the character is revealed the audience will get another view beyond that typically unchallenged cultural assumption. It’s a deconstructed Uncle Tom archetype caught in a love affair of Romeo and Juliet proportions.”
Director Morgan Krantz describes the project as similar to “The Ice Storm” or “The Squid in the Whale” in tone. “In my mind it’s a comedy, but the jokes are buried underneath – we’re not whacking you on the head with it.”
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015