“Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts has joined the cast of Morgan Krantz’s untitled coming-of-age comedy. The film, which begins shooting this month in L.A, also stars Max Burkholder (“The Purge”).
Krantz has also secured internet rap sensation, Kitty Pryde, to co-star.
“Its definitely going to stir up some discussion” says Watts, who has been working with Krantz over the past year to develop the story which follows a romance between a disgruntled teenage boy (Burkholder) and his babysitter, played by Watts. “On the surface she may seem “whitewashed” to the average viewer but as the character is revealed the audience will get another view beyond that typically unchallenged cultural assumption. It’s a deconstructed Uncle Tom archetype caught in a love affair of Romeo and Juliet proportions.”
Director Morgan Krantz describes the project as similar to “The Ice Storm” or “The Squid in the Whale” in tone. “In my mind it’s a comedy, but the jokes are buried underneath – we’re not whacking you on the head with it.”
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015