Like its predecessors, “Paranormal Activity : The Marked Ones” is currently scaring up the U.S box office , and I think it’s success – and the success of the franchise overall – suggests we’re far from that ‘final chapter’ each horror series usually serves up when they feel the well has run dry (though they usually reverse that decision and find a way to resurrect the respective series years later). But there is a ‘final chapter’ or ‘end game’ for the series, according to “Marked Ones” writer-director Christopher Landon.
The filmmaker, who has been involved with the franchise since the first sequel, says they do have an ‘end’ mapped out.
“Yeah. Look, it started when we were making Paranormal 2″, Landon tells Shock Til You Drop. “We started making this mythology and it worked as a think tank for us. It was really when we were making the third film that things started to crystalize. I had an endgame in mind which I had pitched to the group and they loved it. We’ve been working toward getting to this finish line. But there is an endgame at play here. I think the frustration is that we got a little lost in the fourth film. I think that was frustrating for the fans and The Marked Ones was my opportunity to get it back on track. To answer some questions and ask some new ones. We have a lot more story left to cover, we’re hoping the fans allow us to keep going there. We had an idea as to where we wanted this to go for some time now.”
“Paranormal Activity 5″ is due out in October.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015