William Hurt will play Greg Allman in bio “Midnight Rider”, says THR.
Tyson Ritter, lead singer of the rock band “All-American Rejects”, is already onboard to play young Allman.
Wyatt Russell plays Duane Allman.
Directed by Randall Miller, “Rider” will “tell two stories: Gregg Allman’s journey from struggling artist through the formation and subsequent success of The Allman Brothers Band, which saw the musician succumb to the excesses of rock and roll; and Gregg Allman’s realization at 64 that he has to get clean for good or risk losing his life.”
“William Hurt actually helped start Randy’s career years ago,” says producer Jody Savin. “He made an anonymous monetary donation to Randy’s AFI thesis film. And when his identity was revealed, he even agreed to do the voiceover on the film.”
“Midnight Rider” commences it’s shoot in February.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015