William Hurt will play Greg Allman in bio “Midnight Rider”, says THR.
Tyson Ritter, lead singer of the rock band “All-American Rejects”, is already onboard to play young Allman.
Wyatt Russell plays Duane Allman.
Directed by Randall Miller, “Rider” will “tell two stories: Gregg Allman’s journey from struggling artist through the formation and subsequent success of The Allman Brothers Band, which saw the musician succumb to the excesses of rock and roll; and Gregg Allman’s realization at 64 that he has to get clean for good or risk losing his life.”
“William Hurt actually helped start Randy’s career years ago,” says producer Jody Savin. “He made an anonymous monetary donation to Randy’s AFI thesis film. And when his identity was revealed, he even agreed to do the voiceover on the film.”
“Midnight Rider” commences it’s shoot in February.
- Star Trek 3 beamed into cinemas July 8, 2016 - December 25, 2014
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014