Matt Reeves, director of “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes”, has been retained by Fox – following a rousing test screening reaction to the latest film – to co-write and direct a third film in the long-running series.
According to Deadline, the “Cloverfield” alum will co-write the script with Right Mark Bomback, one of the writers who scripted the sequel.
Fox want to get going on the third “Planet of the Apes” as soon as possible, so deals are being worked out pronto.
Fact that Reeves has been tapped to direct another installment so soon, and yet before “Dawn” has even been released, is ostensibly a testament to the film turning out well.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014