Denis Leary, star and co-creator of “Rescue Me”, is returning to TV.
The actor, seen recently in “The Amazing Spider-Man”, will headline a comedy about an ageing rocker attempting to reclaim fame in FX’s “Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll”.
According to ScreenCrush, the series will – like “Rescue Me” – shoot in New York and follow “Johnny Rock, a middle-age rock ‘n’ roller who lost his shot at being rich and famous to problems with booze, coke, weed, pills, cough medicine, and sleeping with his bandmates’ significant others. Rock’s actions broke up their ’90s band “The Heathens” on the day of their first record release, until twenty-five years later, as a broke and bartending Johnny attempts to get the band back together on the advice of his manager Ira.”
“Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll’ is a terrific script and concept with Denis Leary’s signature brand of comedy,” Eric Schrier, who shares the title of President of Original Programing for FX Networks and FX Productions with Nick Grad, said. “Denis is a tremendous talent who played a major role in the growth of our network with ‘Rescue Me,’ which was one of the most groundbreaking series of the last decade. We’re thrilled to have him back home at FX.”
Adds Leary, “I am very excited to be returning to FX where working with Nick, Eric and John Landgraf has been one of the best creative experiences of my life. Plus I hear they have much better swag now.”
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014