Gerard Butler will inherit the peroxide locks of Patrick Swayze’s Bodhi in the “Point Break” remake, says THR.
The long-gestating redo (originally structured to be a sequel, set umpteen years after the original film) of the 1991 film will be directed by veteran cinematographer Ericson Core, with Kurt Wimmer (“Equilibrium”) on writing duties.
Though the new “Point Break” will apparently fix more on extreme sports, as opposed to just surfing, Butler recently starred in surfing drama “Chasing Mavericks”.
The role of Johnny Utah, the fed played by Keanu Reeves in the original, has yet to be cast.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015