Gerard Butler will inherit the peroxide locks of Patrick Swayze’s Bodhi in the “Point Break” remake, says THR.
The long-gestating redo (originally structured to be a sequel, set umpteen years after the original film) of the 1991 film will be directed by veteran cinematographer Ericson Core, with Kurt Wimmer (“Equilibrium”) on writing duties.
Though the new “Point Break” will apparently fix more on extreme sports, as opposed to just surfing, Butler recently starred in surfing drama “Chasing Mavericks”.
The role of Johnny Utah, the fed played by Keanu Reeves in the original, has yet to be cast.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014