“Friday Night Nights” alum Jesse Plemons might score a place in JJ Abrams’ “Star Wars Episode VII” playing-field.
The Wrap says the actor, also known for his role on “Breaking Bad”, is up for a lead role in the Skywalker jaunt.
The 25 year-old has taped an audition for the film, which went over well, and is now being flown out to Los Angeles (from his native Austin, Texas) to meet with Abrams.
Apparently the up-and-coming film star (he’s already secured coveted gigs in the likes of “The Master” and “Battleship”) is a serious contender, with several sources advising The Wrap that he’s more popular than ear-buns on a Princess.
“Star Wars Episode VII” is expected to bring back most of the original cast from George Lucas’s sequel trilogy, including Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, but most of the new parts are seemingly still – despite everyone from Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Cumberbatch and Plemons’ “Friday Night Lights” co-star Michael B.Jordan being up for roles – up for grabs.
With filming on the blockbuster expected to get underway around Easter, it’s expected we’ll start hearing some official casting announcements soon.
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.