Golden Globe Winner Michael Douglas will play Dr. Henry ‘Hank’ Pym in “Ant-Man”, the Marvel Studios superhero spree for director Edgar Wright, the studio announced today.
Douglas’s character, the original ‘Ant Man’, has his formula – he discovers particles that allows a human to change size – stolen by a thief, played by Paul Rudd, in the movie.
The casting of “Behind the Candelabra” star Douglas, 69, clears up some confusion about who the previously-announced Rudd would be playing; though said to be cast as ‘Ant-Man’, it was originally thought the “This is Forty” star would be playing the most known of the character’s incarnations, Pym. Rudd, though, is Scott Lang – who in the movie steals the formula to help his ill daughter – Pym’s Ant-Man successor.
“With Hank Pym’s rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves,” said Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige. “We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step in to the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn’t be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life.”
“Ant-Man” is due for release July 31, 2015.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015