FOX’s “Gotham”, fixing on a young Commission Jim Gordon, will also feature a young Bruce Wayne – beginning at about 12 years old – and classic villains such as The Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin, FOX chairman Kevin Reilly announced today at the TCAs.
“The show will track Bruce from a child (around 12 years old) until he puts on a cape (in the finale),” he said, according to Deadline.
The series will also introduce pre-supervillain incarnations of some of the Bat saga’s most notable baddies.
“We will see how they get to become what they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge,” Reilly said. “It is an operatic soap with a larger than life quality.”
Meanwhile, NBC greenlighted a pilot for it’s superhero series “Constantine”, also a product of Warner Bros TV and DC Comics.
The show, written and executive produced by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer, is the second live-action adaptation of the comic, the first being the Francis Lawrence-directed movie starring Keanu Reeves.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014