FOX’s “Gotham”, fixing on a young Commission Jim Gordon, will also feature a young Bruce Wayne – beginning at about 12 years old – and classic villains such as The Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin, FOX chairman Kevin Reilly announced today at the TCAs.
“The show will track Bruce from a child (around 12 years old) until he puts on a cape (in the finale),” he said, according to Deadline.
The series will also introduce pre-supervillain incarnations of some of the Bat saga’s most notable baddies.
“We will see how they get to become what they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge,” Reilly said. “It is an operatic soap with a larger than life quality.”
Meanwhile, NBC greenlighted a pilot for it’s superhero series “Constantine”, also a product of Warner Bros TV and DC Comics.
The show, written and executive produced by Daniel Cerone and David S. Goyer, is the second live-action adaptation of the comic, the first being the Francis Lawrence-directed movie starring Keanu Reeves.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015