According to Deadline, Max Landis (“Chronicle”) is working on a new draft of Sony’s “Houdini”, one of two projects in the works about the master illusionist. The other, with Dean Parisot directing, is set up at Summit.
Landis takes over for Scott Frank, who scripted the film under original director Francis Lawrence’s supervision (Lawrence left to do “The Hunger Games : Catching Fire”). Apparently Frank is merely one of a handful of writers who have worked on the long-gestating project, over the years, though.
Maybe Landis can work some magic on a seemingly immobile project?
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014