Disney CEO Bob Iger says current lucky horseshoe “Frozen” won’t be thawed anytime soon.
In an interview with Fortune in which he ostensibly offers air-floating high-5’s to himself intermittently throughout, Iger says they’ve more plans for Olaf the Snowman and friends. And why not? “It was the No. 1 all-time Disney animation debut, and it is expected to soon pass The Lion King in overall box office; it’s been nominated for two Golden Globes and may get an Oscar nod; it’s the No. 1 album on both Amazon and iTunes”, the article points out.
In addition to a possible Broadway play (well, of course), the snowy smash may spawn – again, ‘well, of course!’ – a movie sequel. But, Iger states, none of these things will materialize until Disney are completely confident they have an excellent product.”We’re not demanding speed,” he says. “We’re demanding excellence.”
Seems it’s not just the box-office success of the movie that has paved the way for a “Frozen” future, but the toys and licensing – which have been sending parents broke right around the world.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.