The first clip from David ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Wain’s “They Came Together” starring Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler has been released.
The film, also featuring Ed Helms, Cobie Smulders, Max Greenfield, and Christopher Meloni, premieres at Sundance next week.
The send-up of romantic comedies is said to be classic Wain, in that it’s of the same ilk as “Wet Hot American Summer” as opposed to his more recent efforts like “Role Models” or “Wanderlust”.
Here’s the directors statement from the film :
After having already made world-changing cinematic statements on adolescence (Wet Hot American Summer), religion (The Ten), service (Role Models), and community (Wanderlust), I teamed up with Michael Showalter to take on a topic that (to our knowledge) has yet been seen in the movies: ROMANCE — particularly heterosexual romance between two white people.
Our next idea was to mix this romance story with humor – so you could almost call this a Romantic-Comedy, so to speak.
We first worked with Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd on Wet Hot American Summer. They played summer camp counselors in that movie, so it was obviously hard for us to imagine them playing a shopkeeper and a corporate executive, respectively. But thanks to a team of acting coaches and an award™ winning VFX team, we pulled off the illusion.
Thanks to ‘Buzzfeed‘
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015