The first clip from David ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Wain’s “They Came Together” starring Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler has been released.
The film, also featuring Ed Helms, Cobie Smulders, Max Greenfield, and Christopher Meloni, premieres at Sundance next week.
The send-up of romantic comedies is said to be classic Wain, in that it’s of the same ilk as “Wet Hot American Summer” as opposed to his more recent efforts like “Role Models” or “Wanderlust”.
Here’s the directors statement from the film :
After having already made world-changing cinematic statements on adolescence (Wet Hot American Summer), religion (The Ten), service (Role Models), and community (Wanderlust), I teamed up with Michael Showalter to take on a topic that (to our knowledge) has yet been seen in the movies: ROMANCE — particularly heterosexual romance between two white people.
Our next idea was to mix this romance story with humor – so you could almost call this a Romantic-Comedy, so to speak.
We first worked with Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd on Wet Hot American Summer. They played summer camp counselors in that movie, so it was obviously hard for us to imagine them playing a shopkeeper and a corporate executive, respectively. But thanks to a team of acting coaches and an award™ winning VFX team, we pulled off the illusion.
Thanks to ‘Buzzfeed‘
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014