“Amazon”, The CW’s planned ‘Wonder Woman’ origin series that would’ve told the backstory of one of the Justice League’s most recognizable superheroes, won’t be going forward.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter at the TCAs, CW president Mark Pedowitz hints the scripts weren’t good enough to produce.
“We did not go forward with it”, he says, adding that the network might bringing Wonder Woman to TV at a later stage – but only if it’s right. “It all depends on the script. We were very careful with Arrow, and we’re being very careful with Flash. These are iconic characters, so we’re going to be very careful with Wonder Woman. You only get one shot before you get bit.”
“Amazon” was first announced in May of 2012, at which time Allan Heinberg (“Grey’s Anatomy”) was writing the pilot; Aron Eli Coleite (“Heroes”) took over as writer in May of 2013.
CBS had also attempted to get a “Wonder Woman” series up; a couple of years ago they shot a pilot for a series – featuring Adrianne Palicki in the title role – that didn’t make it to air.
- Red Sonja goes to the Cosmos - March 1, 2015
- Momo’s reaction to Aquaman picture reveal - March 1, 2015
- Ayer revealsSuicide Squad sets; talks Leto - March 1, 2015
- Forte readying MacGruber 2 - March 1, 2015
- Duhamel, Hudson have The Wrong Stuff - March 1, 2015
- TV casting : George, Annable, O’Quinn, Stern, Chalke - March 1, 2015
- Shankar’s Power Rangers fan film is back online! - March 1, 2015
- Former 24 star clocks into medical drama - March 1, 2015
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.