Thomas Kretschmann, currently playing Van Helsing on NBC’s “Dracula” and seen on the big screen in “Stalingrad”, has signed to play a villain in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers” sequel.
According to Variety, the actor is expected to take on the role of Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in “The Avengers : Age of Ultron”. With James Spader cast as main villain Ultron, it’s expected von Strucker – a former NAZI who doesn’t age – will be somewhat of a secondary villain in the movie.
The Disney production, starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Elizabeth Olsen, and Scarlett Johanssen, begins shooting next month.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015