Thomas Kretschmann, currently playing Van Helsing on NBC’s “Dracula” and seen on the big screen in “Stalingrad”, has signed to play a villain in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers” sequel.
According to Variety, the actor is expected to take on the role of Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in “The Avengers : Age of Ultron”. With James Spader cast as main villain Ultron, it’s expected von Strucker – a former NAZI who doesn’t age – will be somewhat of a secondary villain in the movie.
The Disney production, starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Elizabeth Olsen, and Scarlett Johanssen, begins shooting next month.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015