Thomas Kretschmann, currently playing Van Helsing on NBC’s “Dracula” and seen on the big screen in “Stalingrad”, has signed to play a villain in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers” sequel.
According to Variety, the actor is expected to take on the role of Baron Wolfgang von Strucker in “The Avengers : Age of Ultron”. With James Spader cast as main villain Ultron, it’s expected von Strucker – a former NAZI who doesn’t age – will be somewhat of a secondary villain in the movie.
The Disney production, starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Elizabeth Olsen, and Scarlett Johanssen, begins shooting next month.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014