The Weinstein’s, customarily boasting in Oscar nomination success today, have started to get the ball rolling on the next couple of prospective Awards contenders for the studio.
Meryl Streep has been tapped to lead the studio’s “The Senator’s Wife”, a “Mr Smith Goes to Washington”-esque drama that’ll take on the NRA Gun Lobby head-on. The pic, in which Streep will likely be flanked by other big names, will “be a behind-the-scenes account of how the NRA used its influence with politicians to defeat the bill.” (Deadline)
Meanwhile, the Weinstein’s are chasing their “Good Will Hunting” duo Matt Damon and Ben Affleck for a two-hander that sounds like it’s from the same bit of tree, that terrific bit of bark “All is Lost” has been ripped from. The sea-set drama is called “A Speck in the Sea”, and tells of two lobster fisherman separated at sea. “Lobsterman John Aldridge, 45, fell into the Atlantic 40 miles off Montauk last July while the boat was on autopilot and his partner Anthony Sosinski was asleep. He used his rubber boots as flotation devices while lost for 12 hours at sea before he was rescued. Weinstein got the rights after the Paul Tough-penned story ran in the Times this month.” (Page Six)
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.