When MGM greenlit Kimberly Peirce’s remake of “Carrie” – released in the latter half of 2013 – they weren’t just updating a contemporary literary and screen classic, they were laying down the first brick in what they believed would be a profitable new horror franchise.
”That was something that came up, the idea of Carrie two, three, four, five, six, seven and eight. I was very much against it”, director Pierce tells Indie Wire on the eve of the film’s DVD and Blu-ray release. “I don’t see Carrie 8″.
The last shot of the film suggested to the audience that a continuation might be in the works, but “Boy’s Don’t Cry” helmer Peirce – despite hating the ending – didn’t think of it that way.
“My intention [with the closing shot] was not to say here’s a sequel coming. My intention was simply to get out of the scene in a way that didn’t leave you falling off a cliff. And in fact, if you get the DVD/Blu-ray there’s an alternate ending which, I think is a better ending, it’s a different ending. It’s a little more tidy, a little more shocking and a little more dangerous. Certainly the ending in the theatrical release, it wasn’t intended for a sequel.”
Sad news for those hoping to see a redo of “The Rage : Carrie 2″.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.