The short film that preceded ”Iron Man 3” was so well received by fans Disney/Marvel have appointed showrunners (Reaper creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas) to create a TV drama.
The show, ”Agent Carter”, takes place a year after the events of the short film, and shows the titular agent (Hayley Atwell) on her rise through the ranks of post-war era SHIELD, her love interest Captain America (Chris Evans) still frozen in Arctic ice.
A pilot script has been submitted that ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee talked up during the Television Critics Association’s confab yesterday, saying it ‘certainly has a good chance to be on the network.’
Being a Disney/Marvel property, the show will appear on Disney-owned TV network ABC.
The original short premiered before 2012’s Iron Man 3 and was a big hit with fans. Like the best work of Pixar’s pre-film short movies, Agent Carter was an effects-light story of just a couple of minutes that showed Carter (Atwell) sneak off to complete a dangerous mission to prove her mettle, her male supervisor and co-workers seeing her as little more than a secretary.
It expanded and further solidified the Marvel universe, a smart move by Disney while thirst for superhero properties is high, and Agent Carter would join Agents of SHIELD as the second major Marvel TV project.
- Kingsman : The Secret Service - January 26, 2015
- Blackhat - January 26, 2015
- ‘Blackhat’ Review : More like Craphat - January 26, 2015
- ‘Kingsman : The Secret Service’ Review : James Bond meets Comic Con - January 25, 2015
- ‘Taken 3′ Review : Tireder than Santa Claus - January 9, 2015
- Taken 3 - January 9, 2015
- VOD Views – January 2, 2015 - January 2, 2015
- American Sniper - December 29, 2014
- The Interview - December 25, 2014
- Inherent Vice - December 24, 2014