The short film that preceded ”Iron Man 3” was so well received by fans Disney/Marvel have appointed showrunners (Reaper creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas) to create a TV drama.
The show, ”Agent Carter”, takes place a year after the events of the short film, and shows the titular agent (Hayley Atwell) on her rise through the ranks of post-war era SHIELD, her love interest Captain America (Chris Evans) still frozen in Arctic ice.
A pilot script has been submitted that ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee talked up during the Television Critics Association’s confab yesterday, saying it ‘certainly has a good chance to be on the network.’
Being a Disney/Marvel property, the show will appear on Disney-owned TV network ABC.
The original short premiered before 2012’s Iron Man 3 and was a big hit with fans. Like the best work of Pixar’s pre-film short movies, Agent Carter was an effects-light story of just a couple of minutes that showed Carter (Atwell) sneak off to complete a dangerous mission to prove her mettle, her male supervisor and co-workers seeing her as little more than a secretary.
It expanded and further solidified the Marvel universe, a smart move by Disney while thirst for superhero properties is high, and Agent Carter would join Agents of SHIELD as the second major Marvel TV project.
- VOD Views – December 20, 2014 - December 20, 2014
- The Hobbit : Battle of the Five Armies - December 17, 2014
- To Be Takei - December 11, 2014
- ‘Exodus : Gods and Kings’ Review : Epic! - December 9, 2014
- Exodus : Gods and Kings - December 9, 2014
- ‘Life Partners’ Review : Cute mix of laughs and tears - December 5, 2014
- Wild - December 3, 2014
- ‘Wild’ Review : Spectacular, Beautiful - December 2, 2014
- Matthew McConaughey – Interstellar - December 1, 2014
- Jennifer Aniston – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 1, 2014