The short film that preceded ”Iron Man 3” was so well received by fans Disney/Marvel have appointed showrunners (Reaper creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas) to create a TV drama.
The show, ”Agent Carter”, takes place a year after the events of the short film, and shows the titular agent (Hayley Atwell) on her rise through the ranks of post-war era SHIELD, her love interest Captain America (Chris Evans) still frozen in Arctic ice.
A pilot script has been submitted that ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee talked up during the Television Critics Association’s confab yesterday, saying it ‘certainly has a good chance to be on the network.’
Being a Disney/Marvel property, the show will appear on Disney-owned TV network ABC.
The original short premiered before 2012’s Iron Man 3 and was a big hit with fans. Like the best work of Pixar’s pre-film short movies, Agent Carter was an effects-light story of just a couple of minutes that showed Carter (Atwell) sneak off to complete a dangerous mission to prove her mettle, her male supervisor and co-workers seeing her as little more than a secretary.
It expanded and further solidified the Marvel universe, a smart move by Disney while thirst for superhero properties is high, and Agent Carter would join Agents of SHIELD as the second major Marvel TV project.
- Map to the Stars - March 5, 2015
- The Voices - March 5, 2015
- Jupiter Ascending - March 5, 2015
- Focus - March 5, 2015
- VOD Views – March 1, 2015 - March 1, 2015
- Anne Hathaway – Song One - February 23, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Grey - February 13, 2015
- The Hundred-Foot Journey - February 9, 2015
- Alien Outpost - February 9, 2015
- The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin - February 3, 2015