Judi Dench as Mon Mothma in “Star Wars Episode VII”?
That’s according to Full of Sith, who say “reliable sources” have informed them that the James Bond alum is tipped to take over the role played by Caroline Blakiston in “Return of the Jedi”.
Mon Mothma was a republic senator who appeared only briefly in 1983’s “Return of the Jedi” but featured prominently in the expanded universe – books, and so on.
Dench, who played somewhat of a similar role in “The Chronicles of Riddick”, would obviously play an older version of the character.
With JJ Abrams announcing he and Lawrence Kasdan have completed the script for the film, and with reports suggesting casting is well underway, we should hear whether there’s any truth to this one soon enough.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014