Judi Dench as Mon Mothma in “Star Wars Episode VII”?
That’s according to Full of Sith, who say “reliable sources” have informed them that the James Bond alum is tipped to take over the role played by Caroline Blakiston in “Return of the Jedi”.
Mon Mothma was a republic senator who appeared only briefly in 1983’s “Return of the Jedi” but featured prominently in the expanded universe – books, and so on.
Dench, who played somewhat of a similar role in “The Chronicles of Riddick”, would obviously play an older version of the character.
With JJ Abrams announcing he and Lawrence Kasdan have completed the script for the film, and with reports suggesting casting is well underway, we should hear whether there’s any truth to this one soon enough.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015