The remake of classic Jane Fonda film “Barbarella” is back on, though don’t look for it in theaters.
The character, derived by author and artist Jean-Claude Forest in a French magazine back in the ’60s, was originally intended to make her screen comeback in a big-screen movie. At one stage, Rose McGowan was attached to play the lead character, in a film her then-fiancee Robert Rodriguez was planning to direct. In more recent times, “Drive” helmer Nicolas Winding Refn was attached to helm the movie.
“Barbarella” will now be a series for Amazon Studios, says Deadline. “Skyfall” scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade wrote the pilot, and Refn remains onboard as an executive producer, alongside Martha De Laurentiis.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015