The remake of classic Jane Fonda film “Barbarella” is back on, though don’t look for it in theaters.
The character, derived by author and artist Jean-Claude Forest in a French magazine back in the ’60s, was originally intended to make her screen comeback in a big-screen movie. At one stage, Rose McGowan was attached to play the lead character, in a film her then-fiancee Robert Rodriguez was planning to direct. In more recent times, “Drive” helmer Nicolas Winding Refn was attached to helm the movie.
“Barbarella” will now be a series for Amazon Studios, says Deadline. “Skyfall” scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade wrote the pilot, and Refn remains onboard as an executive producer, alongside Martha De Laurentiis.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015