The remake of classic Jane Fonda film “Barbarella” is back on, though don’t look for it in theaters.
The character, derived by author and artist Jean-Claude Forest in a French magazine back in the ’60s, was originally intended to make her screen comeback in a big-screen movie. At one stage, Rose McGowan was attached to play the lead character, in a film her then-fiancee Robert Rodriguez was planning to direct. In more recent times, “Drive” helmer Nicolas Winding Refn was attached to helm the movie.
“Barbarella” will now be a series for Amazon Studios, says Deadline. “Skyfall” scribes Neal Purvis and Robert Wade wrote the pilot, and Refn remains onboard as an executive producer, alongside Martha De Laurentiis.
- RoboCop series in the works - May 5, 2015
- Louis C.K thinks he’s a Cop - May 5, 2015
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015