With the novelty of his odious solo jaunts (like “Borat” and “Bruno”) having worn off considerably, Sacha Baron Cohen seems quite happy to be cashing a few big studio cheques for a while, especially if the pressure’s off him to bring in the green on them.
The actor, who in recent years has impressed more in small but showy turns in the likes of “Hugo” and “Les Miserables” than his self-created ventures (was “Borat” the only truly legitimately funny one?), looks to accept an offer to join Johnny Depp and Mia Wasikowska in Disney’s sure-thing “Alice in Wonderland” sequel.
Called “Through the Looking Glass”, it’ll be directed by “Muppets” helmer James Bobin and is due for release 2016. Cohen would fill the void left by Helena Bonham-Carter, playing the undisclosed villain.
Cohen worked with Depp on “Sweeney Todd” a couple of years back, so it’s possible the former ‘Jump Street’ copper suggested the singing comic for this latest flick.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.