“Thor” actress Jamie Alexander (soon reprising her ‘Lady Sif’ role for an episode of ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”) has joined Ryan Murphy’s new pilot “Open” over at HBO, says Deadline.
The actress, who was reportedly battling for the role Yvonne Strahovski ended up nabbing on the upcoming “24 : Live Another Day”, will be a series regular on the show, which Murphy (“Glee”) co-write with Lauren Gussis.
The show is “described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. It revolves around five central characters played by Michelle Monaghan, Scott Speedman, Wes Bentley, Anna Torv and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Alexander will play Claire, the postpartum-suffering, pill-popping Stepford wife of Evan (Bentley).”
Alexander, who appeared in last year’s “Thor : The Dark World”, next appears in “London Fields” opposite Billy Bob Thornton. She’ll begin work on a new indy film “Money is Money”, directed by Gele Babluani, in March in Detroit.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015