“Thor” actress Jamie Alexander (soon reprising her ‘Lady Sif’ role for an episode of ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”) has joined Ryan Murphy’s new pilot “Open” over at HBO, says Deadline.
The actress, who was reportedly battling for the role Yvonne Strahovski ended up nabbing on the upcoming “24 : Live Another Day”, will be a series regular on the show, which Murphy (“Glee”) co-write with Lauren Gussis.
The show is “described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. It revolves around five central characters played by Michelle Monaghan, Scott Speedman, Wes Bentley, Anna Torv and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Alexander will play Claire, the postpartum-suffering, pill-popping Stepford wife of Evan (Bentley).”
Alexander, who appeared in last year’s “Thor : The Dark World”, next appears in “London Fields” opposite Billy Bob Thornton. She’ll begin work on a new indy film “Money is Money”, directed by Gele Babluani, in March in Detroit.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014