“Thor” actress Jamie Alexander (soon reprising her ‘Lady Sif’ role for an episode of ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D”) has joined Ryan Murphy’s new pilot “Open” over at HBO, says Deadline.
The actress, who was reportedly battling for the role Yvonne Strahovski ended up nabbing on the upcoming “24 : Live Another Day”, will be a series regular on the show, which Murphy (“Glee”) co-write with Lauren Gussis.
The show is “described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. It revolves around five central characters played by Michelle Monaghan, Scott Speedman, Wes Bentley, Anna Torv and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Alexander will play Claire, the postpartum-suffering, pill-popping Stepford wife of Evan (Bentley).”
Alexander, who appeared in last year’s “Thor : The Dark World”, next appears in “London Fields” opposite Billy Bob Thornton. She’ll begin work on a new indy film “Money is Money”, directed by Gele Babluani, in March in Detroit.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015