Robert Zemeckis (“Back to the Future”, “Castaway”) is teaming with Tom Rothman’s TriStar Productions to bring the story of French high-wire artist Philippe Petit’s story to the screen, according to Deadline.
Petit, who tight-rope walked between the World Trade Center towers on August 7, 1974, was the subject of the 2008 film “Man on Wire”.
Zemeckis , who co-wrote the script with Christopher Browne, wants to shoot the film in 3D so he can masterfully and magically show-off Petit’s most famous feat.
Though he’s not a lock, Zemeckis is said to be hot on Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the role of Petit. That will likely depend, not only on the script, but the “Don Jon” star’s immediate availability, considering the plan is to shoot “To Reach the Clouds” this Spring or Summer.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015