Robert Zemeckis (“Back to the Future”, “Castaway”) is teaming with Tom Rothman’s TriStar Productions to bring the story of French high-wire artist Philippe Petit’s story to the screen, according to Deadline.
Petit, who tight-rope walked between the World Trade Center towers on August 7, 1974, was the subject of the 2008 film “Man on Wire”.
Zemeckis , who co-wrote the script with Christopher Browne, wants to shoot the film in 3D so he can masterfully and magically show-off Petit’s most famous feat.
Though he’s not a lock, Zemeckis is said to be hot on Joseph Gordon-Levitt for the role of Petit. That will likely depend, not only on the script, but the “Don Jon” star’s immediate availability, considering the plan is to shoot “To Reach the Clouds” this Spring or Summer.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014