Elizabeth Banks will be wearing multiple hats on the “Pitch Perfect” sequel.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress, who produced the 2012 comedy (and brought the project to the attention of Universal), will direct the follow-up.
“Pitch Perfect 2″ will mark Banks’ feature directorial debut. She’ll also produce alongside Max Handelman for Brownstone Productions and Gold Circle Films’ Paul Brooks.
The “Hunger Games” actress also had a small role – as a commentator in the original film – so it’s likely she’ll reprise the role for the sequel. Also likely to reprise their roles from the original, Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson.
“Elizabeth originated the idea for Pitch Perfect and was instrumental in making the first film such a huge success,” said Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley. “She brings an enormous amount of energy and experience to everything she works on and we’re thrilled that she is making her feature directorial debut on Pitch Perfect 2.”
Kay Cannon, who wrote the original, is returning to draft the sequel.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015