Elizabeth Banks will be wearing multiple hats on the “Pitch Perfect” sequel.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress, who produced the 2012 comedy (and brought the project to the attention of Universal), will direct the follow-up.
“Pitch Perfect 2″ will mark Banks’ feature directorial debut. She’ll also produce alongside Max Handelman for Brownstone Productions and Gold Circle Films’ Paul Brooks.
The “Hunger Games” actress also had a small role – as a commentator in the original film – so it’s likely she’ll reprise the role for the sequel. Also likely to reprise their roles from the original, Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson.
“Elizabeth originated the idea for Pitch Perfect and was instrumental in making the first film such a huge success,” said Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley. “She brings an enormous amount of energy and experience to everything she works on and we’re thrilled that she is making her feature directorial debut on Pitch Perfect 2.”
Kay Cannon, who wrote the original, is returning to draft the sequel.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014