Elizabeth Banks will be wearing multiple hats on the “Pitch Perfect” sequel.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress, who produced the 2012 comedy (and brought the project to the attention of Universal), will direct the follow-up.
“Pitch Perfect 2″ will mark Banks’ feature directorial debut. She’ll also produce alongside Max Handelman for Brownstone Productions and Gold Circle Films’ Paul Brooks.
The “Hunger Games” actress also had a small role – as a commentator in the original film – so it’s likely she’ll reprise the role for the sequel. Also likely to reprise their roles from the original, Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson.
“Elizabeth originated the idea for Pitch Perfect and was instrumental in making the first film such a huge success,” said Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley. “She brings an enormous amount of energy and experience to everything she works on and we’re thrilled that she is making her feature directorial debut on Pitch Perfect 2.”
Kay Cannon, who wrote the original, is returning to draft the sequel.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015