Viola Davis and Jennifer Lopez are now on set for Lifetime’s independent feature “Lila and Eve”. The film has been described as two mothers, whose children were gunned down in a drive-by shooting, teaming up to avenge their deaths after local authorities fail to take action. Or, as a recent casting call put it, “Thelma and Louise” meets “Fight Club”.
From the press release:
“Directed by Film Independent Spirit Award nominee Charles Stone III (“Drumline”, “Crazy Sexy Cool: The TLC Story”), Lila and Eve tells the story of a grief stricken mother (Davis), who in the aftermath of her son’s murder in a drive-by shooting, attends a support group where she meets Eve (Lopez), who has lost her daughter. When Lila hits numerous roadblocks from the police in bringing justice for her son’s slaying, Eve urges Lila to take matters into her own hands to track down her son’s killers. The two women soon embark on a killing spree of their own, as they work to the top of the chain of drug dealers to avenge the murder of Lila’s son. Screen Actors Guild Award winner Shea Whigham (“American Hustle”, “Boardwalk Empire”) also stars as Detective Holliston, who is investigating Lila and Eve’s crimes.”
The pic is slated for a late 2014/early 2015 festival premiere.
- This project is Mine! says Gabriel Byrne - January 29, 2014
- Ain’t No Thing - January 29, 2014
- Remember when JLo didn’t do Lifetime telemovies? - January 29, 2014
- News Briefs : January 18, 2014 - January 18, 2014
- Batman vs. Superman pushed to 2016 - January 18, 2014
- David O.Russell to be honored at Santa Barbara Film Fest - January 18, 2014
- Sam Rockwell to star in The Eel - January 18, 2014
- Fruitvale Station - November 13, 2013
- Ato Essandoh – Elementary, Copper - July 27, 2013
- Pearce Take – July 16, 2013 - July 15, 2013