Mining movie “The 33” has just added Gabriel Byrne to the cast list. Byrne, soon to be seen in “Vampire Academy”, has taken on the role of Andre Sougarret, the engineering brains behind the rescue of 33 men trapped in 2010’s mine disaster in Chile. Sougarret became familiar to people around the world as he fronted the media each day to provide technical information about the ongoing efforts.
For those hoping that J-Lo would be trapped underground for 69 days, unfortunately she has exited the project. Instead, Antonio Banderas, Juliette Binoche, James Brolin, Lou Diamond Phillips and Cote de Pablo (NCIS) all feature in the strong ensemble piece. Patricia Riggen (“Girl in Progress”, “Lemonade Mouth”) is directing.
- This project is Mine! says Gabriel Byrne - January 29, 2014
- Ain’t No Thing - January 29, 2014
- Remember when JLo didn’t do Lifetime telemovies? - January 29, 2014
- News Briefs : January 18, 2014 - January 18, 2014
- Batman vs. Superman pushed to 2016 - January 18, 2014
- David O.Russell to be honored at Santa Barbara Film Fest - January 18, 2014
- Sam Rockwell to star in The Eel - January 18, 2014
- Fruitvale Station - November 13, 2013
- Ato Essandoh – Elementary, Copper - July 27, 2013
- Pearce Take – July 16, 2013 - July 15, 2013