James Frecheville (”Animal Kingdom”, “Adore”) is onboard actor cum filmmaker Matthew Modine’s 1960’s-set music pic “The Rocking Horsemen”.
Deadline says the project, ”about five high schoolers who hear the emerging sound of rock ‘n’ roll and decide to form a band”, is using Slated (as opposed to Kickstarter, which everyone from Rob Thomas to Zach Braff have used in recent times) to encourage financing.
Assumingly, Frecheville will be playing one of the high schoolers seduced into the music industry.
Writer/director Modine, a big star in the ’80s and ’90s due to his turns in films like “Full Metal Jacket”, “Married to the Mob” and “Memphis Belle”, will also star in the movie. Jared Gilman (”Moonrise Kingdom”), Riley Griffiths (”Super 8”), and Miles Heizer (”Parenthood”) round out the support cast.
Modine’s seemingly riding the comeback wave right now; as an actor, he recently appeared in high-profile films like “The Dark knight Rises” and “jOBS”. If he gets his money for “The Rocking Horsemen”, it might be the beginning of a successful film-making career for him.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015