James Frecheville (”Animal Kingdom”, “Adore”) is onboard actor cum filmmaker Matthew Modine’s 1960’s-set music pic “The Rocking Horsemen”.
Deadline says the project, ”about five high schoolers who hear the emerging sound of rock ‘n’ roll and decide to form a band”, is using Slated (as opposed to Kickstarter, which everyone from Rob Thomas to Zach Braff have used in recent times) to encourage financing.
Assumingly, Frecheville will be playing one of the high schoolers seduced into the music industry.
Writer/director Modine, a big star in the ’80s and ’90s due to his turns in films like “Full Metal Jacket”, “Married to the Mob” and “Memphis Belle”, will also star in the movie. Jared Gilman (”Moonrise Kingdom”), Riley Griffiths (”Super 8”), and Miles Heizer (”Parenthood”) round out the support cast.
Modine’s seemingly riding the comeback wave right now; as an actor, he recently appeared in high-profile films like “The Dark knight Rises” and “jOBS”. If he gets his money for “The Rocking Horsemen”, it might be the beginning of a successful film-making career for him.
- RoboCop series in the works - May 5, 2015
- Louis C.K thinks he’s a Cop - May 5, 2015
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015