Every film announcement should be accompanied by an awkward dance…
Vin Diesel says a sequel to “Riddick” – which, for those playing at home, would actually be the fourth in the intergalactic bounty hunter series – is in the works.
Though only a moderate success (though it easily made it’s budget back – and then some) when it was released theatrically, Diesel tells Facebook fans the picture is currently the number one on the DVD charts and that’s enough for Universal to ask him to slap the goggles back on.
”There’s no way in the world ‘Riddick’ would have been made without you guys. You know that. You guys have been a part of our page since 2012 and remember how arduous a road it was for us to actually get the movie made, and to make it rated ‘R,’ and to do it with such a low budget. It’s a win for all of us and I really, really, really, really thank you guys so much. Yeah, I’m excited, and of course, Universal’s also saying they want to develop the next one.”
It’ll be a while before Diesel heads back to alien terrain though, he has that seventh “Fast & Furious” to finish off first.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015