Every film announcement should be accompanied by an awkward dance…
Vin Diesel says a sequel to “Riddick” – which, for those playing at home, would actually be the fourth in the intergalactic bounty hunter series – is in the works.
Though only a moderate success (though it easily made it’s budget back – and then some) when it was released theatrically, Diesel tells Facebook fans the picture is currently the number one on the DVD charts and that’s enough for Universal to ask him to slap the goggles back on.
”There’s no way in the world ‘Riddick’ would have been made without you guys. You know that. You guys have been a part of our page since 2012 and remember how arduous a road it was for us to actually get the movie made, and to make it rated ‘R,’ and to do it with such a low budget. It’s a win for all of us and I really, really, really, really thank you guys so much. Yeah, I’m excited, and of course, Universal’s also saying they want to develop the next one.”
It’ll be a while before Diesel heads back to alien terrain though, he has that seventh “Fast & Furious” to finish off first.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014