The trailer for “From Dusk Till Dawn : The Series”, premiering in March on the El Rey Network, has been released.
Interestingly enough, the promo suggests that Robert Rodriguez has as good as completely re-used and re-shot Quentin Tarantino’s original screenplay as the kick-off mark of the show – before it assumingly finds it’s footing and starts rolling out the week-after-week original story (if it does). Guess Tarantino must be OK with that though – he loves to piss, moan and sue, so he would’ve done that already – and it’s likely due to his friendship with Rodriguez, who he did the ’90s film.
Guess the only ones who might potentially bitch are us, having already seen this story play-out.. on a bigger canvas… and with Salma Hayek.
Having said that, the series does have some good talent involved it – in addition to Rodriguez, who usually knows how to give an audience a good time – including king cool Don Johnson, so even if does feel a little stale to begin with, it should be at least a curious, tolerable watch.
Based on the thrill-ride film, the supernatural crime saga is centered around bank robber Seth Gecko (D.J. Cotrona) and his violent, unpredictable brother, Richard “Richie” Gecko (Zane Holtz), who are wanted by the FBI and Texas Rangers Earl McGraw (Don Johnson) and Freddie Gonzalez (Jesse Garcia) after a bank heist leaves several people dead.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014