Word hit a month or so back that Bryan Singer had been forced to cut Anna Paquin’s big scene out of “X-Men : Days of Future Past”. Most of us were quick to assume -and rightly so, considering nobody said otherwise – that that meant Rogue’s only appearance in the film had been cut.
Seems that’s not the case – and the fact she was on one of the Empire magazine covers, that released this week, should’ve tipped us off to that.
Singer, talking to Empire (via Coming Soon), says while one of Paquin’s scenes, a big action sequence, had to be cut from the movie, she’s still in the picture (if even in a lesser part).
“It does not mean that we won’t see her in the film. Also, I hope to make the sequence available on the DVD as she was quite wonderful in it. She is an important part of the X-Men family. I ‘m very pleased she will remain as one of Empire’s anniversary covers.”
Writer Simon Kinberg said the scene was cut because “We felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive.”
“X-Men : Days of Future Past”, opening in May, stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, Peter Dinklage and more.
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015