Word hit a month or so back that Bryan Singer had been forced to cut Anna Paquin’s big scene out of “X-Men : Days of Future Past”. Most of us were quick to assume -and rightly so, considering nobody said otherwise – that that meant Rogue’s only appearance in the film had been cut.
Seems that’s not the case – and the fact she was on one of the Empire magazine covers, that released this week, should’ve tipped us off to that.
Singer, talking to Empire (via Coming Soon), says while one of Paquin’s scenes, a big action sequence, had to be cut from the movie, she’s still in the picture (if even in a lesser part).
“It does not mean that we won’t see her in the film. Also, I hope to make the sequence available on the DVD as she was quite wonderful in it. She is an important part of the X-Men family. I ‘m very pleased she will remain as one of Empire’s anniversary covers.”
Writer Simon Kinberg said the scene was cut because “We felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive.”
“X-Men : Days of Future Past”, opening in May, stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, Peter Dinklage and more.
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015