Phillip Seymour Hoffman had seven days left to film of “The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part 2″ before his tragic death on Sunday.
According to Lionsgate, the studio behind the series, the film’s release date won’t be changed – but obviously something’s got to be tweaked, edited, changed or restructured, if the actor had a weeks worth of work to do on the movie.
Hoffman had completed most of his work on the picture, and by the sounds, whatever he had left to do… they can work around. Still, one can imagine they’ve got their work cut out for them, anyway – post-production is where they’ll likely realize how easy or difficult it’s going to be for movie-magic to substitute for a week’s worth of work.
“Philip Seymour Hoffman was a singular talent and one of the most gifted actors of our generation. We’re very fortunate that he graced our Hunger Games family”, Lionsgate said in a statement.” Losing him in his prime is a tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Philip’s family.”
So, thankfully, Hoffman won’t be recast for the final “Hunger Games” movie.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015