Former “Men of a Certain Age” and “Quantum Leap” star Scott Bakula will headline CBS’s “N.C.I.S” spin-off, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor, also known for his role on the short-lived ‘Star Trek’ series “Enterprise”, will be joined by CCH Pounder and Zoe McLellan on the New Orleans-set series.
Set to air in the spring, the two-part planted pilot centers on the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola, Fla., through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich culture of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave — and with fun, comes trouble.
Bakula will play NCIS Special Agent Pride, who embodies New Orleans. He’s driven by the need to do what’s right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor. The character is a unique federal agent working in one of the country’s most unique cities.
Pounder, known for her role on “The Shield”, plays a medical examiner, while “JAG’ alum McLellan plays a fellow agent.
“N.C.I.S” star Mark Harmon is executive producing the show, suggesting he’s quite invested and protective of the brand that relaunched his career.
Star Bakula was recently nominated for an Emmy for his performance in “Behind the Candelabra”.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.