Rialto Distribution have picked up the Australian distribution rights to the new John Lithgow-Alfred Molina two-hander “Love Is Strange”, which debuted recently at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.
The pic features Lithgow (“3rd Rock from the Sun”) and Molina (“Spider-Man 2″) as a gay couple who get legally married, after being together for 39 years, but are forced to live apart when the wedding becomes public and the main breadwinner in their relationship is fired from his job. Written and directed by Ira Sachs, who co-wrote and directed 2007’s acclaimed “Married Life”, “Love is Strange” has been heralded as a five-star-rated “total triumph”, by Time Out, New York.
The film also stars Academy Award© winning actress, Marissa Tomei (“The Wrestler”) and Cheyenne Jackson (“Behind the Candelabra”) in strong supporting roles.
“We are thrilled to have acquired such a subtle, engaging and heartfelt film – it really is a crowd pleaser and both John Lithgow and Alfred Molina give the best performances I have seen in recent times,” Kelly Rogers, CEO of Rialto Distribution, said. “After the critical acclaim it received at Sundance, ahead of our theatrical release here in Australia and New Zealand, we are thrilled to be bringing local audiences another high-quality film”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014