Rialto Distribution have picked up the Australian distribution rights to the new John Lithgow-Alfred Molina two-hander “Love Is Strange”, which debuted recently at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival.
The pic features Lithgow (“3rd Rock from the Sun”) and Molina (“Spider-Man 2″) as a gay couple who get legally married, after being together for 39 years, but are forced to live apart when the wedding becomes public and the main breadwinner in their relationship is fired from his job. Written and directed by Ira Sachs, who co-wrote and directed 2007’s acclaimed “Married Life”, “Love is Strange” has been heralded as a five-star-rated “total triumph”, by Time Out, New York.
The film also stars Academy Award© winning actress, Marissa Tomei (“The Wrestler”) and Cheyenne Jackson (“Behind the Candelabra”) in strong supporting roles.
“We are thrilled to have acquired such a subtle, engaging and heartfelt film – it really is a crowd pleaser and both John Lithgow and Alfred Molina give the best performances I have seen in recent times,” Kelly Rogers, CEO of Rialto Distribution, said. “After the critical acclaim it received at Sundance, ahead of our theatrical release here in Australia and New Zealand, we are thrilled to be bringing local audiences another high-quality film”.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015