“Game of Thrones” star Kit Harrington is set to join Alicia Vikander in ”Testament of Youth”, the adaptation of an autobiography of a woman’s experiences during World War I, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Harrington, who next stars in Paul W.S Anderson’s “Pompeii” (opening Feb 21), will play author Vera Brittain’s fiancee in the movie, which is based on the feminist and writer’s memoirs.
Youth, written by Vera Brittain and published in 1933, tells of how the author postponed her studies to Oxford to serve as a nurse in the Great War, during which she lost her fiance and brother. After the war, she tried to resume her life but found herself part of a lost generation, returning to Oxford and becoming a feminist and a writer.
The film, produced by “Harry Potter” alum David Heyman, will be directed by James Kent (TV’s “The White Queen”).
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015