“Game of Thrones” star Kit Harrington is set to join Alicia Vikander in ”Testament of Youth”, the adaptation of an autobiography of a woman’s experiences during World War I, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Harrington, who next stars in Paul W.S Anderson’s “Pompeii” (opening Feb 21), will play author Vera Brittain’s fiancee in the movie, which is based on the feminist and writer’s memoirs.
Youth, written by Vera Brittain and published in 1933, tells of how the author postponed her studies to Oxford to serve as a nurse in the Great War, during which she lost her fiance and brother. After the war, she tried to resume her life but found herself part of a lost generation, returning to Oxford and becoming a feminist and a writer.
The film, produced by “Harry Potter” alum David Heyman, will be directed by James Kent (TV’s “The White Queen”).
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015