Robert Luketic (“21″, “Killers”, “The Ugly Truth”) has signed to helm Millennium’s “ExpendaBelles”, described as a female take on the Stallone-led “Expendables” series, says THR.
Kirsten Smith and Karen McCullah, who wrote Luketic’s breakthrough film “Legally Blonde”, also wrote “The ExpendaBelles”; assumingly, they suggested their former colleague for the job on the chicks-only actioner.
The movie, which Sylvester Stallone will produce (might he cameo, too?), tells of “female operatives who have to pose as call girls in order to rescue a nuclear scientist who is being held hostage.”
Casting is currently underway, with the shoot expected to get underway this Summer. While everyone from Cameron Diaz to Milla Jovovich and even Meryl Streep (!) have been rumoured for roles in the actioner, Luketic’s appointment suggests we’ll likely see Katherine Heigl take a role. Luketic has worked with the former “Grey’s Anatomy” actress a couple of times now – on “Kllers” and “The Ugly Truth” – and if I were a betting man, would place chips on a conversation already taking place.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.