Peter Weller, best known as ‘RoboCop’ (he originated the role in 1987’s “RoboCop” and reprised the role for the 1990 sequel), is set for “Skin Trade”, a revenge thriller starring and co-written by Dolph Lundgren.
In addition to Lundgren (“Universal Soldier”) and Weller, the SC Films International production will feature Tony Jaa (“Ong-Bak”), Ron Perlman (“Pacific Rim”), Michael Jai White (“The Dark Knight”), Celina Jade (“Arrow”), and Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa (“Mortal Kombat”).
Ekachai Uekrongtham (”Beautiful Boxer”) directs the movie, which recently commenced filming in Bangkok, Thailand.
From a screenplay by Gabriel Dowrick, Steven Elder and Dolph Lundgren. ”Skin Trade” tells the story of New York City detective Nick Cassidy (Lundgren) who, after his family is killed by a Serbian crime boss (Perlman), heads to Bangkok and teams up with a Thai detective (Jaa) to get revenge and bring down a worldwide human trafficking ring.
“This project is more special to me than any other picture I’ve ever done. I worked on the script for seven years. Now we have the multi-talented cast and crew needed to make a thrilling character-driven film about this continuing crime against humanity”, says Lundgren.
Producing the feature film are Dolph Lundgren, Craig Baumgarten (”Universal Soldier”) and the CEO of SC Films International Mike Selby.
SC Films International and SC Films Thailand are the first Thai film production companies fully geared to produce feature films for the international market.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015