With Jason Statham unlikely to agree to a reprise, EuropaCorp have decided to reboot “The Transporter” series.
The Hollywood Reporter says the next three films in the series – yep, they’re getting ahead of themselves – will tell the origins of Statham’s character, Frank Martin; that suggests the studio will be on the lookout for a ‘younger’ actor to play the role.
Says the trade, “Transporter 4 will be co-produced with Mark Gao‘s Shanghai-based Fundamental Films. It if performs as expected, Transporter 5 and Transporter 6 will be set up as official Chinese co-productions to get easier access to China’s booming box office.”
Chris Vance currently plays the character on the Cable TV series version, the second season of which airs in the Fall.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014