With Jason Statham unlikely to agree to a reprise, EuropaCorp have decided to reboot “The Transporter” series.
The Hollywood Reporter says the next three films in the series – yep, they’re getting ahead of themselves – will tell the origins of Statham’s character, Frank Martin; that suggests the studio will be on the lookout for a ‘younger’ actor to play the role.
Says the trade, “Transporter 4 will be co-produced with Mark Gao‘s Shanghai-based Fundamental Films. It if performs as expected, Transporter 5 and Transporter 6 will be set up as official Chinese co-productions to get easier access to China’s booming box office.”
Chris Vance currently plays the character on the Cable TV series version, the second season of which airs in the Fall.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015