With Jason Statham unlikely to agree to a reprise, EuropaCorp have decided to reboot “The Transporter” series.
The Hollywood Reporter says the next three films in the series – yep, they’re getting ahead of themselves – will tell the origins of Statham’s character, Frank Martin; that suggests the studio will be on the lookout for a ‘younger’ actor to play the role.
Says the trade, “Transporter 4 will be co-produced with Mark Gao‘s Shanghai-based Fundamental Films. It if performs as expected, Transporter 5 and Transporter 6 will be set up as official Chinese co-productions to get easier access to China’s booming box office.”
Chris Vance currently plays the character on the Cable TV series version, the second season of which airs in the Fall.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015