With Jason Statham unlikely to agree to a reprise, EuropaCorp have decided to reboot “The Transporter” series.
The Hollywood Reporter says the next three films in the series – yep, they’re getting ahead of themselves – will tell the origins of Statham’s character, Frank Martin; that suggests the studio will be on the lookout for a ‘younger’ actor to play the role.
Says the trade, “Transporter 4 will be co-produced with Mark Gao‘s Shanghai-based Fundamental Films. It if performs as expected, Transporter 5 and Transporter 6 will be set up as official Chinese co-productions to get easier access to China’s booming box office.”
Chris Vance currently plays the character on the Cable TV series version, the second season of which airs in the Fall.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015