John Travolta is to play the No 1 Animated character in the world, Gummy Bear, also known as Gummibar in the US, Stealth Media Group announced today.
Since its launch in May 2012 it has generated 3.6+ Billion downloads and has become an established global brand, growing organically. Gummy is averaging over 20 million new users per month over the social networks: Youtube, twitter, My Space, funnygummy.com and others and is available in 30 languages with major content partners: EMI, Universal, Warner Music, Sony BMG Music Entertainment
The film will be produced in Montreal for the big screen in 3D/2D and produced by king of product placement Oscar Generale in LA, (”Casino Jack”) Jonathan Vanger of Transfilm (”Upside Down”, ”Brick Mansions”) in Canada and Spice Factory in the UK (”The Merchant Of Venice”).
The producers are in talks with animation houses in Montreal, China and Korea and are in talks with top A list directors and the results will be announced shortly.
Stealth Media Group has boarded the US$30M animated feature which is set for production 29th September 2014 and in talks with a number of branding companies and merchandisers for the film.
The film is written by George Gallo (”Bad Boys”) and sees Gummy and his friends a vegetarian vampire bat, a cat and a chameleon fighting to save an alien planet from destruction.
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015