John Travolta is to play the No 1 Animated character in the world, Gummy Bear, also known as Gummibar in the US, Stealth Media Group announced today.
Since its launch in May 2012 it has generated 3.6+ Billion downloads and has become an established global brand, growing organically. Gummy is averaging over 20 million new users per month over the social networks: Youtube, twitter, My Space, funnygummy.com and others and is available in 30 languages with major content partners: EMI, Universal, Warner Music, Sony BMG Music Entertainment
The film will be produced in Montreal for the big screen in 3D/2D and produced by king of product placement Oscar Generale in LA, (”Casino Jack”) Jonathan Vanger of Transfilm (”Upside Down”, ”Brick Mansions”) in Canada and Spice Factory in the UK (”The Merchant Of Venice”).
The producers are in talks with animation houses in Montreal, China and Korea and are in talks with top A list directors and the results will be announced shortly.
Stealth Media Group has boarded the US$30M animated feature which is set for production 29th September 2014 and in talks with a number of branding companies and merchandisers for the film.
The film is written by George Gallo (”Bad Boys”) and sees Gummy and his friends a vegetarian vampire bat, a cat and a chameleon fighting to save an alien planet from destruction.
- Star Trek 3 beamed into cinemas July 8, 2016 - December 25, 2014
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014