Jack Black and James Marsden will star in “The D-Train”, an indie comedy from Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel, screenwriters of 2008’s “Yes Man”.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Mike White (“School of Rock”) written film is gearing up for a shoot in New Orleans later this month.
D-Train centers on a Middle America high school reunion committee chairman (Black), still searching for high school acceptance, who has to do whatever it takes, including flying to Los Angeles to penetrate the world of celebrities, to get the most popular guy from high school — now a failed actor working in commercials (Marsden) — to show up to their 20-year reunion.
Nat Faxon (“The Way Way Back”) and White – also producing, alongside Black – will also appear in the film.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014