Jack Black and James Marsden will star in “The D-Train”, an indie comedy from Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel, screenwriters of 2008’s “Yes Man”.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Mike White (“School of Rock”) written film is gearing up for a shoot in New Orleans later this month.
D-Train centers on a Middle America high school reunion committee chairman (Black), still searching for high school acceptance, who has to do whatever it takes, including flying to Los Angeles to penetrate the world of celebrities, to get the most popular guy from high school — now a failed actor working in commercials (Marsden) — to show up to their 20-year reunion.
Nat Faxon (“The Way Way Back”) and White – also producing, alongside Black – will also appear in the film.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015