A dark comedy pilot starring Jack Black and Tim Robbins has been given the go-ahead at HBO, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In “The Brink”, Robbins is set to play “Walter Hollander, the U.S. secretary of state, who is billed as a man of big appetites and little patience for the war mongers in the Situation Room, while Black will take on the part of Alex Coppins, a lowly foreign service officer reluctantly caught on the ground in the middle of it all. The third role, ace Navy fighter pilot Zeke Callahan, has not yet been cast.”
Some great talent behind the lens too, including Jerry Weintraub, Jay Roach and Roberto Benabib, who are executive producing, as well as “Weeds” alum Kim Benabib who is writing the script. Black and Robbins will also serve as producers on the show.
“The Brink” will mark the third time Black and Robbins have worked together; in 1995, Robbins directed Black in the acclaimed “Dead Man Walking”, while the former made a cameo in Black’s “Tenacious D: In the Pick of Destiny” movie a couple of years ago.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014