A dark comedy pilot starring Jack Black and Tim Robbins has been given the go-ahead at HBO, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In “The Brink”, Robbins is set to play “Walter Hollander, the U.S. secretary of state, who is billed as a man of big appetites and little patience for the war mongers in the Situation Room, while Black will take on the part of Alex Coppins, a lowly foreign service officer reluctantly caught on the ground in the middle of it all. The third role, ace Navy fighter pilot Zeke Callahan, has not yet been cast.”
Some great talent behind the lens too, including Jerry Weintraub, Jay Roach and Roberto Benabib, who are executive producing, as well as “Weeds” alum Kim Benabib who is writing the script. Black and Robbins will also serve as producers on the show.
“The Brink” will mark the third time Black and Robbins have worked together; in 1995, Robbins directed Black in the acclaimed “Dead Man Walking”, while the former made a cameo in Black’s “Tenacious D: In the Pick of Destiny” movie a couple of years ago.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015