A dark comedy pilot starring Jack Black and Tim Robbins has been given the go-ahead at HBO, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
In “The Brink”, Robbins is set to play “Walter Hollander, the U.S. secretary of state, who is billed as a man of big appetites and little patience for the war mongers in the Situation Room, while Black will take on the part of Alex Coppins, a lowly foreign service officer reluctantly caught on the ground in the middle of it all. The third role, ace Navy fighter pilot Zeke Callahan, has not yet been cast.”
Some great talent behind the lens too, including Jerry Weintraub, Jay Roach and Roberto Benabib, who are executive producing, as well as “Weeds” alum Kim Benabib who is writing the script. Black and Robbins will also serve as producers on the show.
“The Brink” will mark the third time Black and Robbins have worked together; in 1995, Robbins directed Black in the acclaimed “Dead Man Walking”, while the former made a cameo in Black’s “Tenacious D: In the Pick of Destiny” movie a couple of years ago.
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015