John Singleton looks to return to the director’s chair for Morgan Creek’s long-gestating Tupac Shakur biopic, which fell apart a couple of years ago.
Variety says the “Boyz N’The Hood” helmer has signed on to rewrite, direct and produce the movie, which will be co-financed by Emmett/Furla/Oasis.
“Tupac was the guy who I planned to do a lifetime of films with,” Singleton said. “His passing deeply affected my life as well as countless people in this world. His life story is as important to my generation.”
The production, now scouring for an actor to play the late musician, looks to shoot in June.
Singelton worked with the late Shakur on the film “Poetic Justice” in 1993.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015