John Singleton looks to return to the director’s chair for Morgan Creek’s long-gestating Tupac Shakur biopic, which fell apart a couple of years ago.
Variety says the “Boyz N’The Hood” helmer has signed on to rewrite, direct and produce the movie, which will be co-financed by Emmett/Furla/Oasis.
“Tupac was the guy who I planned to do a lifetime of films with,” Singleton said. “His passing deeply affected my life as well as countless people in this world. His life story is as important to my generation.”
The production, now scouring for an actor to play the late musician, looks to shoot in June.
Singelton worked with the late Shakur on the film “Poetic Justice” in 1993.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015