John Singleton looks to return to the director’s chair for Morgan Creek’s long-gestating Tupac Shakur biopic, which fell apart a couple of years ago.
Variety says the “Boyz N’The Hood” helmer has signed on to rewrite, direct and produce the movie, which will be co-financed by Emmett/Furla/Oasis.
“Tupac was the guy who I planned to do a lifetime of films with,” Singleton said. “His passing deeply affected my life as well as countless people in this world. His life story is as important to my generation.”
The production, now scouring for an actor to play the late musician, looks to shoot in June.
Singelton worked with the late Shakur on the film “Poetic Justice” in 1993.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014