Robert Ludlum’s book “The Parsifal Mosaic” – which at one time the studio were considering reworking as a “Bourne” sequel – will be transferred to the big screen courtesy Universal and director Zhang Yimou (“Hero”), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Here’s the synopsis of the 1982 book :
Michael Havelock’s world died on a moonlit beach on the Costa Brava as he watched his partner and lover, double agent Jenna Karas, efficiently gunned down by his own agency. There’s nothing left for him but to quit the game, get out. Then, in one frantic moment on a crowded railroad platform in Rome, Havelock sees Jenna. Racing around the globe in search of his beautiful betrayer, Havelock is now marked for death by both U.S. and Russian assassins, trapped in a massive mosaic of treachery created by a top-level mole with the world in his fist: Parsifal.
As for ‘Bourne’, that franchise continues; Jeremy Renner is currently attached to reprise his Aaron Cross role in a sequel to “The Bourne Legacy”, with Justin Lin at the helm. That film, the fifth “Bourne”, will hit theaters August 14, 2015.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014