Willow fans rejoice! Ron Howard making another family film!
Less than a month after Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu fell off the project (he’s busy in post on his flick “Birdman”) , Ron Howard has stepped aboard Warner’s “Jungle Book” – one of two films currently in the works based on Rudyard Kipling’s timeless tale of Mowgli- according to THR.
It’s been eons since Howard, whose last film was the duelling race-car drivers drama “Rush”, did a kids film; in the ‘80s he gave us the George Lucas-produced gem “Willow”, and a decade later, he directed “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” starring Jim Carrey in the Dr. Seuss-created role.
Callie Kloves (daughter of “Harry Potter” producer Steve Kloves) wrote the screenplay for “The Jungle Book”, which will assumingly play to a similar tune as the versions of Kipling’s yarn that have come before it (orphan befriending bear, panther, battles a tiger).
Disney also has a “Jungle Book” in the works; that one, also a live-action adaptation, will be helmed by “Iron Man” director Jon Favreau.
Though both films are very much go projects at this stage, there is a chance – happens all the time between dueling projects – one project will pull out of the race before it can even reaches the starting line.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.