Alyson Hannigan, coming off her 9-year stint on “How I Met your Mother”, will remain at CBS and 20th Century Fox Television after handing in her ‘Lily’ door badge. The “Buffy” alum has been cast in the new CBS pilot “More Time with the Family”.
The multicamera comedy, starring Tom Papa, will be executive produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa will pen the script and serve as EPs alongside Papa.
The sitcom will fix on “a husband and father (Papa) who makes a career change in order to spend more time with his family. The actress will play Cindy Rizzo, Tom’s wife, who is described as an amazing mother who runs the house like a drill sergeant and has endless energy. She’s tasked with trying to teach Tom how to handle the family.”
It was announced last week that Hannigan’s “How I Met Your Mother” co-star Cristin Milioti had also been snapped up for a new sitcom already.er”
The last episode of “How I Met Your Mother” airs next month.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014