Alyson Hannigan, coming off her 9-year stint on “How I Met your Mother”, will remain at CBS and 20th Century Fox Television after handing in her ‘Lily’ door badge. The “Buffy” alum has been cast in the new CBS pilot “More Time with the Family”.
The multicamera comedy, starring Tom Papa, will be executive produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa will pen the script and serve as EPs alongside Papa.
The sitcom will fix on “a husband and father (Papa) who makes a career change in order to spend more time with his family. The actress will play Cindy Rizzo, Tom’s wife, who is described as an amazing mother who runs the house like a drill sergeant and has endless energy. She’s tasked with trying to teach Tom how to handle the family.”
It was announced last week that Hannigan’s “How I Met Your Mother” co-star Cristin Milioti had also been snapped up for a new sitcom already.er”
The last episode of “How I Met Your Mother” airs next month.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015