Alyson Hannigan, coming off her 9-year stint on “How I Met your Mother”, will remain at CBS and 20th Century Fox Television after handing in her ‘Lily’ door badge. The “Buffy” alum has been cast in the new CBS pilot “More Time with the Family”.
The multicamera comedy, starring Tom Papa, will be executive produced by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa will pen the script and serve as EPs alongside Papa.
The sitcom will fix on “a husband and father (Papa) who makes a career change in order to spend more time with his family. The actress will play Cindy Rizzo, Tom’s wife, who is described as an amazing mother who runs the house like a drill sergeant and has endless energy. She’s tasked with trying to teach Tom how to handle the family.”
It was announced last week that Hannigan’s “How I Met Your Mother” co-star Cristin Milioti had also been snapped up for a new sitcom already.er”
The last episode of “How I Met Your Mother” airs next month.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015