With 2015 just around the corner, isn’t it time those power-laced Nike sneakers in “Back to the Future Part II” started getting comfy in rectangular boxes at shoe stores?
While it’s unlikely that most of the other futuristic gizmos and gadgets seen in the 1989 film will be a reality (though there is a chance “Jaws 19″ might come to fruition one day), Nike says we WILL be getting those power-laced shoes!
At Jordan Brand’s Flight Lab space in New Orleans on the weekend, Nike designer Tinker Hatfield confirmed that the shoes from “Back to the Future Part II” – which I say should be advertised for ‘the lazy bitch in all of us’ – will hit shelves next year!
While replicas of the Nike shoes Marty McFly wore in “Back to the Future Part II” were on sale (via ebay, if I recall correctly) in 2011, those ones didn’t come with the ability to lace themselves up.
It’s not known whether the self-tying laces will show up on those previously-released shoes (as some sort of 2.0 update) or whether they’ll be part of an all-new shoe, but you do know what this means don’t you!!… our shoes can slap themselves on while we watch TV!
OK, I want channels 18, 24, 63, 109, 87 and the weather channel.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014