No surprise, considering the large mound of money it’s taken at the box-office, Universal has officially greenlit a sequel to “Ride Along”, the action-comedy starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, that’s taken in excess of $120 million since it’s release in January.
According to Deadline, Tim Story returns as director, with Cube and Hart set to reprise their roles from the earlier film. Writers Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi will also return; the new script is said to be funnier and include more action than the first film, as well as features some new multicultural characters.
Cube produces alongside Matt Alvarez, Will Packer and Larry Brezner.
Production on “Ride Along 2″ is scheduled to begin this Summer.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014