No surprise, considering the large mound of money it’s taken at the box-office, Universal has officially greenlit a sequel to “Ride Along”, the action-comedy starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, that’s taken in excess of $120 million since it’s release in January.
According to Deadline, Tim Story returns as director, with Cube and Hart set to reprise their roles from the earlier film. Writers Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi will also return; the new script is said to be funnier and include more action than the first film, as well as features some new multicultural characters.
Cube produces alongside Matt Alvarez, Will Packer and Larry Brezner.
Production on “Ride Along 2″ is scheduled to begin this Summer.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015