No surprise, considering the large mound of money it’s taken at the box-office, Universal has officially greenlit a sequel to “Ride Along”, the action-comedy starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, that’s taken in excess of $120 million since it’s release in January.
According to Deadline, Tim Story returns as director, with Cube and Hart set to reprise their roles from the earlier film. Writers Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi will also return; the new script is said to be funnier and include more action than the first film, as well as features some new multicultural characters.
Cube produces alongside Matt Alvarez, Will Packer and Larry Brezner.
Production on “Ride Along 2″ is scheduled to begin this Summer.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015